- Charlotte & Gordon Engagement Shoot
- The last in the series The 7 Biggest Errors Brides Make
- Number 4 - The 7 Biggest Mistakes Brides Make When Hiring a Photographer for Their Wedding and How t
- Number 3-The 7 Biggest Mistakes Brides Make When Hiring a Photographer for Their Wedding and How to
- Number 2: There are some things you should watch for when you shop around for your wedding photograp
MISTAKE Number 3: You pick a photographer based only on price
The old adage is true. “You get what you pay for." This is especially true in the photography industry. If you want good photography, you should decide to work with a photographer because of the overall value you receive, NOT because they are the lowest priced.
Value = Quality + Service + Price
It is impossible for any company in any industry to offer the cheapest price, have the highest quality, and provide the best service all at the same time.
You can get high quality and super service, but you can’t get both and still get the lowest price.
Just like in any business, you would hire the best people and buy the highest quality product - consequently, you have to charge more for your services.
Total value is all three. Quality, Service and Price!
The common problems YOU WILL have when you pick a photographer who only offers the lowest price:
- The first problem with dirt cheap photographers is they don't stand behind their work if they make a mistake, or worse yet, ruin all the pictures and then the problem is way beyond fixable. Or you may have pictures that are ok, but you hoped for more. In that case there isn't a lot they can do. The end result is you get what you pay for. A little money saved up front can cost big time in the end.
- The second problem with a photographer who offers the lowest price IS they tend to also offer the lowest quality. Your wedding photos are your most important and valuable investment. The value you place on choosing the right photographer will show for many years. It is a long term investment. Why risk so much and throwaway such great memories for a few pounds saved up front? Most cheap phtographers do not edit the pictures, so you get all the out of focus ones, the ones of the back of peoples heads and the colours are all wrong. Digital images have to be processed to get the best out of them. Ask the photographer if they use "raw format" if the don't, run. The cheap photographer uses cheap printing companies - for albums look for the following names; Graphi, Epoca, Queensberry, Jorgenson, Colorworld, Seldex, there are a few more out there, but these are the leaders.
And the third reason why hiring the cheapest photographer is a problem is that you might get charged extra for things other photographers normally include. You might have to pay for such things as your previews, or worse yet they might not even make your previews available for you to keep at any price. Some will even stamp them across the front with their studio logo. Cheap photographers penny pinch you to death. What seemed like a good deal may in fact cost you more in the long run. This is often a tactic some use just to get you hooked.
If you find this useful give our page and this post a "like". Please leave any comments on our facebook page or on the blog.
There is more to come in this series, so keep checking back.